Here are the notices for this weekend. Don’t forget that this Sunday there will not be a service in church at 10am. We will be meeting at the war memorial on Market Street, Church Gresley at 10.30am and then making our way to the bandstand in Maurice Lea Memorial Park for the remembrance service. Please come along and support this event as we remember those who have fought and died so that we can live in peace.
We will again be having a stall at the town Christmas market on Friday December 15th. This is being organised by Denis Barratt and Margaret Greenfield, who are planning to give away “goody bags” as in the past. IT IS NOT TOO EARLY TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP FOR AN HOUR OR TWO ON THE STALL, OR TO HELP PACK THE BAGS BEFOREHAND. Please contact Denis, Margaret, or Diane Hardy.
There will be a lovely carol singing event on the Delph on Saturday 23rd December at 11 a.m. we are hoping for lots of singers; we will be accompanied by the Gresley Colliery Brass Band, and mince pies will be provided. This is being advertised by the council and should be a great outreach, please come and join in.
Churches Together are funding a Christian theatre group to present the Christmas story in a new way to some of the school children in the town. Please pray for this event.
The week of prayer for Christian Unity as usual, will be Jan 18th – 24th. A small group of people will be planning this and more news will come later. However, if you have any comments or suggestions about this, please send them to Diane Hardy. We would really like this to be a success and we need everyone’s support and prayers.
THERE ARE 11 CHURCHES IN THE CHURCHES TOGETHER ORGANISATION. THAT IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO MAKE THESE EVENTS AN AMAZING SUCCESS IF WE ALL DO OUR PART. WHAT IS YOUR PART? IT MAY BE TO SUPPORT PRAYERFULLY, FINANCIALLY, PRACTICALLY OR MAYBE ALL 3. WE ARE ALL PART OF THIS WORK TO FURTHER GOD’S KINGDOM.
MEGAN AND ELLIOT’S WEDDING PREPARATIONS
If you could help out at the wedding Megan and Elliot would be incredibly grateful! Cake makers, please speak to Caroline, and if you can shift tables and chairs on the day then please speak to an Alexander or a Rose. Most importantly though, they’d love to have you there on 26th November at 12pm to celebrate with them, and stay after for a buffet and reception.
Other Church Notices
- Parish Magazine – all entries to be with Sarah Miller for Friday 25th November.
- Our church space – Now that we have the space in the church, how do we use it? Please feel free to express your ideas and suggestions.
- Christingle 27th November @ 4pm – donations of oranges and sweets needed.
- Volunteers needed for our puppet play for Christmas. Please see Linda if you can help in any way, eg, scenery, refreshments, puppeteers. Sat 10th December – Christmas puppet play rehearsal 10-3pm. Over 12’s only for puppets.
- Carol Service 18th December @ 6pm – donations of mince pies and help to cover refreshments. Please see Caroline Carr.
- Food Bank – needs items such as pot noodles, cup a soups, sweets, as most families are in B&B accommodation so only have a kettle.
- Rev Tony Wood’s “Movember”. There is a labelled tin in Church for anyone who would like to donate.
- Volunteers desperately needed to stand on the churches together market stall on 16th Dec. The more volunteers, the less time we have to stand! Please see Diane Hardy.
News just in…